Facilitators are responsible for:
- reviewing and familiarizing themselves with the program materials
- partnering with their university on finding space and marketing to student participants
- facilitating at least one program per semester
- nominating and referring at least two other students as future facilitators
- sharing feedback, reports, ideas and best practices with Google and other facilitators
Facilitator requirements include:
- passion and excitement for CS education, diversity and outreach
- experience mentoring, TA-ing or teaching programming or university CS coursework
- successfully completed and passed a university-level course in Data Structures (specifically: strong understanding of hash tables, heaps, sets, lists, queues) and Algorithms (specifically search and sorting)
- ability to dedicate ~45 hours to program set-up and execution on campus
- Java competency (including a sound understanding of the language, inheritance and generics) and experience developing with Android Studio is preferred.
If you would like to apply, please seek out a faculty 'mentor' who will nominate you based on your leadership and technical competency and then get in touch with us at email@example.com
Applied CS also has open application periods for outstanding potential student facilitators who have been nominated by select university partners in the US and India. Selected facilitators will get the chance to attend training bootcamps at Google offices as a component to their understanding the
program. Check this site for future updates on eligibility criteria and timelines for each region.